How to use the delay timer
- Always check the User Manual for guidance on the safe use of your Clever Chef before you do any cooking.
Remember that you will be working with hot food, so always ensure that all safety requirements are fully in place before you start any cooking and please exercise care and caution as you follow the steps in this guide.
Take care when opening the lid as the food will be hot. Always use oven gloves and wear an apron to help protect yourself from burns.
Also refer to the Safety information topics in this guide for information.
Press the opening button to open the lid.
Remove the inner pot.
Fill with the amount of water required for the recipe.
CAUTION: Do not fill the inner pot above the MAX line and ensure the 0.5L line is covered by liquid.
Replace the inner pot.
Close the lid.
Insert the power cord and connect to mains power.
The CleverChef will make a loud bleep and “-- --“ will be displayed.
- 8. Repeatedly press the Menu button to navigate to the desired cooking mode (e.g., Stew).After pressing the Menu button once, you can also navigate to the desired cooking mode using the + or - buttons.
- 9. Press the Delay Timer button (default delay time is 2 hours).Remember to check your user manual for details to whether Delay Timer is available for the desired cooking mode.
- 10. Press + to increase the desired delayed start time.The delay start time can be delayed for up to 24 hours and it set in 30 minute steps.
- 11. Press – to reduce the desired delayed start time.The delay start time can be delayed for up to 24 hours and it set in 30 minute steps.
Press and hold the Start button.
- 13. The timer will begin with the desired delay setting.Please note – the Delay Time displayed includes cooking time, your CleverChef is telling you when your food will be ready to eat. For example Stew cooking mode is set for 1.5 hours is selected, Delay for 2.5 hours is selected, your food will be ready in 2.5 hours. Delay timer cannot be selected shorter than cooking time.