Why does my food come out undercooked?
- Always check the User Manual for guidance on the safe use of your Clever Chef before you do any cooking.
Remember that you will be working with hot food, so always ensure that all safety requirements are fully in place before you start any cooking and please exercise care and caution as you follow the steps in this guide.
Take care when opening the lid as the food will be hot. Always use oven gloves and wear an apron to help protect yourself from burns.
Also refer to the Safety information topics in this guide for information.
Check that you have sufficient water and have not overfilled the inner pot.
WARNING: Do not overfill the inner pot above the MAX line and ensure the 0.5L line is covered by liquid or food.
Check the inner pot is correctly positioned in the CleverChef and that there is no food or debris between the heated plate and inner pot.
Check that the inner pot is not deformed.
If this is the case, Please contact Customer Services on 0344 800 0631 (Monday to Friday 8.00am — 7.30pm and Saturday and Sunday 8.00am — 1.00pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a replacement.
- 4. Ensure you follow the instructions for your recipe.
- 5. Ensure the ingredients fill to at least the minimum line in the inner pot.
- 6. The temperature may be too low. Try increasing the temperature.
- 7. The time may be too short for the volume and thickness of the food. Try increasing the time for thickly cut ingredients.
- 8. If you have used frozen ingredients, you will need to increase the cooking time of your programme.
- 9. If you are not satisfied with the end result, select the DIY function and select the time and temperature required for your desired results.
- 10. Some ingredients could be browned using the saute function, prior to selecting your desired program.