Safety before cooking
- Always check the User Manual for guidance on the safe use of your Pressure King Pro before you do any cooking.
Remember that you will be working with hot liquids and steam, so always ensure that all the safety requirements are fully in place before you start any cooking and please exercise care and caution as you follow the Steps in this guide.
Always wear oven gloves and an apron to protect against any splashing of hot food and steam.
- 1. Always wear oven gloves and an apron to protect against any splashing of hot food and steam.
- 2. Food with skins (such as sausages, chicken and some fruit) MUST be pierced before cooking. Not piercing the skin may result in the food expanding and can cause splashing of hot food after the lid is released.
Always ensure the inner pot is in place before cooking.
- 4. Do not overfill the inner pot and never exceed the max level.
Only half fill the inner pot when cooking beans, rice, pasta, pulses and porridge.
- 5. The lid must be closed fully before selecting a cooking function. Put the lid correctly in place (align the arrow on the lid with the arrow on the left handle of the Pressure King Pro 6L), and lock by turning anti-clockwise.
Ensure the pressure release valve is in the closed position when using the pressure cooking functions, and always check that it is correctly in position so that the opening is fully sealed.