Why does the Cup Display show F?
Always check the User Manual for guidance on the safe use of your RediKettle before you boil any water.
CAUTION: Always ensure the RediKettle is on a flat surface and the power cable is positioned in the channel correctly.
Remember that you will be working with hot water and steam, so always ensure that all the safety requirements are fully in place before you start boiling water.
Also refer to the Important safety information Topics in this guide.
- 1. If your cup display shows “F” this may mean that it is over-filled or there may be additional pressure being applied to the base. Ensure you are not holding the handle and that no other pressure is being applied to the RediKettle, as this will put pressure on the base scale.
If the Cup Display still shows F. Check that you have not exceeded the MAX fill line. If so, pour out the excess water and check the cup display.
If this does not remedy the situation, then you may need to reset the RediKettle. Remove the RediKettle from the kettle base.
Hold the pouring lock down.
Carefully pour out all the water.
CAUTION: Do not open the lid when pouring water, as there is a risk of scalding from hot water.
Place the RediKettle on the kettle base.
Plug the kettle base into the mains.
The RediKettle will beep once.
The cup display will inform you how much water is present in the RediKettle.
- 8. If this has not cleared the "F" from the cup display, you will need to reset the base unit.
- 9. With the RediKettle empty, press the 60 degree button and the power button for 4 seconds until you hear 3 beeps.
- 10. Release the buttons. After 6 seconds there will be 5 beeps.
- 11. Turn the power off at the mains for 3 seconds.
- 12. Turn the power back on again.
- 13. The cup display on the base unit should now read "0".